By Roxanne Thomas
The perfect blend of ingredients to boost your immunity and give you that warm, comforting satisfaction in the cold winter months. Serve it as your main dish, or as tasty warming snack.
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked and diced
- 1 sweet potato, cooked and diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1 ( 2 inch ) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3/4 tsp all spice
- juice of a clementine
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- a few basil leaves or green onions for garnish (optional)
Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and cook, stirring until onion is translucent. Pour in the broth, and add squash, sweet potato and ginger. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes and set aside
Meanwhile, mix together the soaked cashews with 1 cup of water in a blender until a creamy mixture is formed, then add it to the soup pot.
Puree the mixture in the blender. Add boiling water if necessary to thin. Return soup to the pan, and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bon appétit! :)